Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Gilded Cage by Dani Wyatt

Gilded CageGilded Cage is Dani Wyatt's take on high fantasy and erotic romance and it was incredibly steamy, angsty, and romantic. Calliope and Rian met and fell in love with each other but outside forces wanted to keep them apart. As a result, a curse was placed on them—forcing them to forever be separate and apart. I really enjoyed this aspect of the book because it adds further tension and drama to their relationship as they pine for each other. Like most of Dani Wyatt's books, the sex and chemistry between Calliope and Rian simply burned up the pages. I don't typically read interspecies relationships but I thought this was done incredibly well because I didn't mind the fact that Rian was part orc most of the time because of the curse. It made for some incredibly sexy scenes, especially when they were finally reunited.
“You are greedy for me, dirty songbird. It only makes me love you more, the way you want me as I want you.”
In the end, I simply adored this book because it was short, sweet, and dirty. Rian absolutely loves Calliope and if you're into stories where the hero is completely obsessed with his heroine, I highly recommend this book and the author's other stories because you will not be disappointed. I loved how there was also a "Beauty and the Beast" vibe to this story because Rian is cursed and forced to assume the appearance of an orc. In addition, the threat of war between Calliope and Rian's kingdoms was always present. The curse simply exacerbated it. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this book to those who love the love at first sight and 'enemies' to lovers tropes with a hero and heroine who were simply fated to be with each other.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment