Monday, October 18, 2021

Indigo Ridge by Devney Perry

Indigo Ridge (The Edens, #1)You know that feeling you get when you're reading a good book and you know it's going to be incredible? Indigo Ridge by Devney Perry is all of that and more. It is part of The Edens series and I absolutely can't wait to read more about this precious and adorable family. Griffin Eden and Winslow Covington's attraction to each other was immediate and inevitable. These two burned up the pages since their first meeting and their chemistry and banter had me smiling the entire time. I loved these two so much. It was a slow burn romance that progressively became more over the course of the story. Even though Griffin and Winn's romance was the heart of this book, I was also completely immersed and invested in the murder mystery plot as well. It was interesting, had me on the edge of my seat, and heartbreaking. There was even an easter egg from Devney Perry's previous book, The Birthday List from the Maysen Jar series, that brought tears to my eyes.
"I was thinking of tangling her up so tight she'd never get free… She fit me. Perfectly."
There were so many things I loved about this book: The small town vibe, close-knit families, gossiping, and especially the romance. Griffin and Winn's developing relationship was my most favorite part of all. It crept up on them. They weren't looking for love but it smacked them both in the face when they least expected it. What they thought was a fling developed into something so much more and one neither could imagine living without. It was heartwarming, sexy, and incredibly sweet. Griffin encompassed all of the characteristics that I love in a hero: confident, masculine, gruff, possessive, and passionate. In comparison, Winslow is an amazing and compassionate heroine who is equally bad ass, confident, and kind. I loved how she was both hard and soft. As Quincy's newest Chief of Police, she had a lot stacked up against her including being labeled as an "outsider."
"I don't think I could quit you if I tried."
In the end, Griffin and Winslow's story will have you craving more of the Eden's and I absolutely can't wait for Knox Eden's book, Juniper Hill He is the second oldest Eden and if you read Christmas in Quincy, then you would know exactly who he is. From the exceptional romance to the suspenseful and action-packed revelation behind the deaths in Quincy, Devney Perry has crafted a wonderful tale of new beginnings while letting go of the past and moving towards the future. I adore this book and I can't recommend it enough because it was an experience. Fans of Devney Perry will love this book as well as those who like small-town romances with two exceptionally well-written characters and an engaging plot.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment