Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori

The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)The Sweetest Oblivion was my first book by Danielle Lori and it was a fantastic one, especially if you love the "enemies to lovers" trope in a mafia romance. The sexual tension and chemistry between Elena and Nico was absolutely fire. I found their interactions to be completely electric and interesting from beginning to end! There was also a forbidden element to their relationship because Nico was engaged to her sister. However, there was no love lost between Nico and Adrianna since she was in love with somebody else. Nicolas Russo was possessive, dominant, controlling, and passionate whereas Elena was sweet, innocent, courageous, and a secret romantic. I loved watching these two fall in love and resolve their misunderstandings about each other.
"He was an infatuation, a craving, a need, and I was sure it was unrequited."
Although this was a mafia romance, Elena and Nico's burning need for each other is the heart of this story. One would even say that it was lust and love at first sight. Over the course of the book, their many interactions were teasers to their eventual coupling. At one point, I wanted to lock these two in a room together because they were killing me with their chemistry! Misunderstandings would, however, eventually get in the way of their happy ending. Despite being frustrated by Elena because she was keeping some major secrets from Nico, without that guilt, he would have never found out or believed the truth behind what happened to her six months ago.
"Every time I saw her, my blood burned hotter, searing the word mine into my chest."
In the end, I loved this story and I'm really curious about Christian and Gianna's book. Elena and Nico were excellent characters, despite some frustrations, and I simply adore them as a couple. They were incredibly sexy and even angsty together. Every single interaction left me wanting more—which is a good thing! I would love a book for Tony and/or Benito, Elena's brother and cousin. I found them endearing and charismatic. Overall, if you're in the market for a mafia romance that focuses more on the romance with an over-the-top but sexy and possessive hero who will do anything for his heroine, then I highly recommend this book!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment