Saturday, January 30, 2021

Hydromancist by Charmaine Pauls

Hydromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #4)Over the course of the Seven Forbidden Arts series, I have enjoyed each and every single book. They were all unique and special in their own ways and Hydromancist is no different. This is Maya's story and her fated love with Timothy Fardel. I loved this one and Charmaine Pauls' writing is completely magical, romantic, heartbreaking, and full of angst as always. Maya has always been portrayed as this tough woman who would do anything to uphold her devotion and loyalty to her mission and team. Her task brings her to Costa Rica where she meets her target who happens to be Tim.

There were a lot of twists and secrets in this book that really did transform the world for me. I was actually quite shocked by Tim's secret. I had a suspicion but didn't realize it was possible in this world. Smacking my head because of course, it's also a paranormal romance book! In any case, I was completely invested in Maya and Tim's relationship. Not only did they have intense chemistry with each other but they're also each other's perfect match. Tim knew Maya was his since the very beginning, even when she refused to acknowledge her feelings for him.
"I want you to know that you never have to tell me anything. Even if you refuse to tell me who you are forever, this will always be enough."
What I loved most about Tim was his unconditional love for Maya. He wanted her, loved her, and constantly strived to protect her. She was simply his. Tim was also a dirty talker, which made for some seriously sexy and hot moments. Maya's character was a bit more complicated but I loved her all the same. She felt her heart breaking every time she was "betraying" Tim. She was torn between her duty and budding love for Tim. I thought her inner turmoil was very well-written and I could feel her pain and confusion throughout the book. Charmaine Pauls always excels at this!
"She was torn in two. Her heart and mind was splintered, and she had no idea how to pick up the pieces."
In the end, this book was another excellent addition in the Seven Forbidden Arts series and I look forward to reading more from this series. Geomancist is next and even though I don't know these new characters, I'm still excited to see how this battle between Cain Jones versus Godfrey Reid will turn out. I absolutely recommend this series to those who love dark and sexy romance with a dash of angst and paranormal twist added to it.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review* 

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment