Thursday, December 17, 2020

Silver Lining by Skye Warren

Silver Lining (Diamond, #3)I feel like I've been through a lot with Holly and Elijah. They first met each other as teenagers in France and I'd say fell in love with each other right then and there. Diamonds. That was their point of connection and it brought them together. I really enjoyed my journey with this couple even though they frustrated me at times. Their love story is dirty, raw, emotional, and passionate. At times, I felt like the series could have been cut down to one book for a more seamless read. Nevertheless, I was captured by Elijah North and Holly Frank's story to the very end.
“All I know is that I’m hurting, and so is he. We’re both aching. We’re both becoming someone new.”
And you know what? I wanted more from this world. I wanted to learn how London and Adam's relationship unfolded and read their happy ending. How did they meet? What did he do to her? Where did they go? They deserve a happily ever after too. The little snippets of their relationship fascinated me. I could literally feel the angst coming from them. It's clear from the short chapters we got from these two that Adam has been fascinated and maybe in love with London for quite some time. Ah well, we'll just have to see if Skye Warren decides to write a book for them!
“It was all for you. It was always for you.”
Back to Holly and Elijah. Although their romance takes a backseat in Silver Lining, it is constantly present throughout all the action and intense moments. The aftermath of Gold Mine left some pretty big bomb shells and now Holly and Elijah are on the run. Can they save themselves from their enemy and each other? Throughout the book, Elijah goes through some heavy revelations and feelings. I wish there was a bit more depth to his and Holly's character. Why exactly is he attracted to Holly? Why is she attracted to him? It just felt like they were trying to solve all their problems with sex, which was incredibly hot but also distracting.
“Yes, I think I hate you too. For making me want you. For making me weak. And most of all, I hate you for putting yourself in danger.”
I was looking for that angst and emotional pull. Unfortunately, I didn't find it so I had to knock a star down. In the end, Holly and Elijah's story definitely captured me and I am happy to see how everything was resolved in the end. If you are looking for a sexy, dark, and action-packed story about two characters who see the light and darkness in each other then this book is for you!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment