Saturday, December 12, 2020

Blame it on the Champagne by Fiona Cole

Blame it on the ChampagneThis was my first book by Fiona Cole and I absolutely can't wait to read more from her. Blame it on the Champagne is one of those love stories that is set in an office setting about two characters who are incredibly attracted to each other. They also can't seem to stand each other as well, at first anyway. There is definitely a bit of instant lust/love going on but I am completely fine with that! Nico and Vera had amazing chemistry and the sexual tension between these two was amazing to read. She actually made him wait! I also really loved Fiona Cole's writing style because she managed to tug at my heartstrings while I was reading this book.

There is also a revenge plot going on that adds drama to Nico and Vera's relationship. At one point, I wanted to smack Nico because I knew that he was going to break Vera's heart. I really did liked the fact that this book had dual perspectives because it made understanding the characters a lot easier. Without going into spoilers territory, there is a connection between Vera and Nico from the get-go and it has something to do with the revenge plot. My favorite part about this book was absolutely the romance between our two main characters. Theirs was a sexy, heartbreaking, sweet, and angsty relationship. Vera is super likeable and Nico is one dirty talker! There are so side characters who I'm sure will have future books in the series. Vera has two best friends: Nova and Raelynn. I'm definitely looking forward to reading their stories.

In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be reading more from Fiona Cole in the future. This book was quite angsty at times, which I loved. The dynamic relationship and the tension between Nico and Vera as they battled it out in the office and essentially in the bedroom was my favorite. If you are a fan of marriage of convenience + office romance stories with a spunky heroine who is both sweet and not afraid to back down from the hero and a male lead who is cold and reserved at first but quickly realizes that he can't live without the heroine, then this book is for you!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment