Friday, October 16, 2020

Stroke of Midnight by K. Webster

Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella, #1)This book was fantastically dirty and sexy. I'm not knew to this author and she absolutely did an amazing job with this one. Ash Ember Elliot and Winston Constantine had amazing chemistry and I loved that sprinkle of Cinderella in this one. It's set in the same world as the Midnight Dynasty series and it does mention past characters, notably Lucian Morelli and Elaine Constantine from Heartless. Winston is the eldest Constantine and he loves to use his money to get others to do his bidding. Luckily for him, Ash needs it. Their relationship is really interesting and highly erotic. They don't even have sex until the very end so almost the entire book was foreplay between Winston and Ash. Be forewarned that these two do engage in some kinks.
"I go crazy with the need to destroy you so I can put you back together again." 
"As long as you always promise to fix me after you break me."
Much like Cinderella, Ash's life is currently held at the mercy of her stepmother and stepbrothers. What Ash refers to as the Terror Triplets? Well I hope they get what's coming for them. Ash and Winston first meet while she was cleaning his building. She does something which he finds apprehensible and so the filthy but also entertaining game begins. Winston is obsessed with Ash and she is very attracted to him. He loves humiliating and debasing her but at the same time, he has a desire to put her back together.
"They may think I'm a weak little princess they can manipulate and terrorize into obeying. There's only one man I allow to terrorize me into obedience."
The book ends in a shocking cliffhanger and I am dying to know what happens next. Let's just say a terrible event occurs and we're left wondering if Ash will even make it to the ball. In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read Prince Charming when it comes out. I highly recommend this book if you love to read dark romance with a side of kink and a Cinderella twist!

*This ARC was generously provided by Valentine PR & Literary Management and K. Webster for an honest review* 

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment