Wednesday, September 16, 2020

My Darling Arrow by Saffron A. Kent

My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels #1)It feels like I've waited so long for this book and it has finally arrived. My Darling Arrow feels like a hybrid between YA/NA and while that is not my preferred genre, I could not resist reading a Saffron Kent book and she certainly delivered. Fans of her will be glad to know that there is more to Arrow and Salem than meets the eye. Salem is adorable, quirky, and so in love with Arrow. She made some questionable decisions but I still supported her nonetheless. Now as for Arrow, he was definitely an interesting character and not who I thought he would be. Arrow is angry, moody, gruff, and had the idea of "perfection" installed in him at a young age. It's quite tragic really.
"Maybe it's you. Maybe your bring out the worst in me. And you wanted me, didn't you? You wanted my fire. My heat. My fury... Well, you got me. Every broken, cut-open piece of me."
Arrow and Sarah (Salem's sister) have been dating for almost eight years and were planning on getting married. As a result, Salem wanted to run away so she decided to steal money from Arrow's mother, who happens to be her guardian. Unfortunately, she was caught and now Salem is spending her senior year at St. Mary's. Thankfully, she's not there alone. She ends up befriending three other young women named Callie, Wyn, and Poe and their friendship is adorable. I don't want to spoil too much of what happens between Salem and Arrow, but there is a reason why Arrow is back in town and "recovering from an injury." Arrow has never noticed Salem before but she has his attention now and he is finally seeing her for the first time. Be rest assured that there is no cheating involved, especially on Arrow's behalf.
"The girl wth thirteen freckles and witchy eyes. The girl who changed my life and taught me things about myself. The girl I'm in love with. My Sweet Salem."
Arrow and Salem go through a lot to finally be together. Their relationship felt like it was going nowhere at first because she was simply the Rebound Girl but things started to change. Saffron Kent writes some of the most sexiest and hot love scenes and she did not disappoint with this book! Arrow is one heck of a dirty talker and Salem is only too willing to share herself with him and make him happy. Overall, I seriously enjoyed this book and I simply can't wait to read Callie and Reed's book next! Fans of Saffron Kent will surely devour this book.

*This ARC was generously provided by Wildfire Marketing Solutions and Saffron Kent for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment