Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Gold Mine by Skye Warren

Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)I have been anxiously waiting for this book and it did not disappoint. Holly and Elijah have come a long way from Hidden Gems. Between kidnappings, separation, and heartbreak, Gold Mine picks up a year later after the events of Diamonds in the Rough. Holly has left Elijah to help her sister, London. I wasn't the biggest fan of the time skip because I wanted to read the moments when Holly and Elijah were separated to add even further angst to story. I wanted to know how he looked for her and lost himself when she was gone.
“I’m near tears just thinking about Elijah. Maybe I need my own rehab center. Not recovery from cocaine. I need to recover from Elijah North. He’s the addiction I can’t shake.”
I was also a little disoriented by how the book started because Holly and London were attending a masked party in order to exchange the stolen diamonds. Not only that, but it was in Adam's POV. Now, I have always found "Adam Black" to be an interesting character and this book has made it all the more apparent because he wants London. I definitely saw that coming and I am anxiously waiting for their book!
“She really is gorgeous. The kind of delicate, wide-eyed beauty that will make men fall over themselves to dance with her. To save her from herself. Unfortunately I'm only interested in ruining her.”
Holly ends up meeting with a man named Ian Taggart and tries to conduct an exchange but Adam foils her plans. They escape only to be stopped by Elijah and his brothers. I am so glad Holly and Elijah are finally in close proximity of each other again. Their relationship is still the same: Angsty, sexy, kinky, heartbreaking, and full of action and heat. Previously, we know that Holly is in love with Elijah but in this installment, we finally learn the full extent of his deep feelings and lust for her.
“My love for you is irrational. It defies logic and reason and common sense, but that’s what makes it love... We don’t fit, but I can’t live without you. That’s what makes it love.”
Gold Mine gets super intense near the end and we're left with what's hopefully the last cliffhanger in this series. Things just went full circle between Holly, Elijah, and Adam. Holly's actions will have serious consequences and I can't wait to see how it will all play out in Silver Lining. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would highly recommend this series to Skye Warren fans or those who enjoy their romance a little bit dark.

*This ARC was generously provided by Valentine PR & Literary Management and Skye Warren for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment