Monday, December 9, 2019

Best Man by Katy Evans

Best ManAre you looking for a short but angsty and romantic story to read? Well, look no further because this is the one!

Best Man is Katy Evan's latest book and SHE IS BACK. This was a fairly short read because I was able to finish it in a sitting. I wanted more! Miles and Lia have so much history and they wasted so much time not being together. It was frustrating, heartbreaking, angsty, and sexy. I felt like this story could be the beginning of something more.

I went into this book not knowing much about the story other than that Lia and Miles hated each other. I had no idea they had a history it and made me realize why they had such conflicting feelings for one another. I liked Lia but I was also frustrated by her complacency and indecisions. I disliked Aaron from the start and it just got worse from there. It's a great thing that the story was fast-paced! I do admit that I wish we got a little bit more context and background information about Lia, Miles, and Aaron. I was invested in Lia and Miles' romance but the story literally drops you a day before her wedding to Aaron. We were provided glimpses and pieces of their past together but like I said before, I wanted more. It would have been amazing if we got Miles' perspective as well!

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I look forward to reading West's story next because I am absolutely certain he will get one! He is Lia's brother and for some reason, he reminded me of Katy's other heroes in her Manwhore and Manhattan series, which I still adore to this day. If you are looking for a short second-chance with a swoon-worthy hero, I highly recommend this one! Miles Foster is quiet, driven, gruff, and surprisingly romantic. What's not to love?

* This ARC was generously provided by Katy Evans for an honest review *

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment