Friday, December 27, 2019

Broken Knight by L.J. Shen

Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)I actually enjoyed reading Broken Knight when I initially first read it over the summer. I had been looking forward to Luna and Knight since the beginning and it did not disappoint. Although I was frustrated by Knight's downward spiral, I couldn't blame him for it either. Something terrible happened to his family and it honestly broke my heart. I hated the misunderstandings between Luna and Knight because they could have spent the whole time being together instead of apart. Oh, and don't get me started on some of Luna's terrible decisions. Just thinking about it makes me want to flip a table. However, I also really loved Luna's strength and tenacity as well. Her love for Knight was heartbreaking and very sweet.

Knight was a mess and it was very sad to watch him become... almost like how Dean used to be. As I mentioned before, something incredibly tragic happened in this book and I'm sure that the entire book universe will most likely shift as a result of this. I cried a lot because of this. In any case, it was great seeing past characters from the series make an appearance in this book. I enjoyed reading about Vicious and Emilia as well as the other HotHoles. Daria and Luna became pretty close in this book, which I thought was also interesting! I don't remember much about Daria but she was almost hot/cold at times. As for other characters, I am also really intrigued by Vaughn and his potential heroine. We still don't know who that is but... Vaughn is a lot like Vicious who I enjoyed reading about a lot in the original series.

Overall, I really liked this book and I can't wait to see what Vaughn's story will be like in Angry God! I much preferred this book over Pretty Reckless but that is just my personal preference since I had been looking forward to reading Knight and Luna's book since they were kids LOL. I highly recommend the original Sinners of Saint series since it was my first introduction to L.J. Shen and I absolutely adored them.

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment