Monday, May 27, 2019

Million Dollar Devil by Katy Evans

Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)Katy Evan's Million Dollar Devil features two completely new characters: Elizabeth Banks and James Rowan. While this was not my favorite Katy Evans book, mostly because of Lizzy, I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Lizzy was a hard character to like because of her "holier than thou" attitude and I wish we had gotten someone more down to earth. I did get where she was coming from but the way she spoke to James grated on my nerves more than a few times. There is absolutely nothing wrong with James. While reading the book, I couldn't help but think that he deserved someone better. The attraction between them was there but I wanted more substance. Lust is temporary, love is forever.
“We have a lot of work ahead. Tomorrow, meet me there at noon. Get your life squared away. You’ll be mine for three months.” 

James Rowan then surprises me by pocketing the address and asking, “So for three months, does that mean you’re mine too?”
I honestly didn't get why Lizzy was so fixated on wanting her father's approval. That man is... something. I guess with that kind of man as a father, it's kind of expected that she would eventually grow up to have this kind of personality. I also thought Lizzy's hot and cold attitude towards James got old really fast and I wanted something to happen between them. On the other hand, I was really intrigued and really liked James as a character. He wanted to earn money so that he and his brother could get "out of the slums" and a better life. As mentioned in the synopsis, James is a daredevil. He is a up-and-coming Youtube star who takes dangerous dares for money. He and his brother Charlie live a hard life and when Lizzy offers him one million dollars to become a model for her father's company, he takes it.

Even though the story was slightly frustrating at times, Million Dollar Devil was good for what it was -- a light-hearted read with good chemistry between two completely opposite characters. If you're looking for something with more feelings, romance, and sexual tension between the hero and heroine, I recommend you read her fantastic Real, Manwhore, and Manhattan series as well!

* This ARC was generously provided Social Butterfly PR and Katy Evans for an honest review. * 

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment