Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Once Upon A [Fallen] Time by Samreen Ahsan

Once Upon A [Fallen] Time (Stolen Series II)Once Upon A [Fallen] Time is the sequel and second book in the Stolen series. I read the first book, Once Upon A [Stolen] Time a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! I do recommend re-reading the first book in order to fully understand and grasp the situation our two main characters, Myra and Edward, are in. Samreen Ahsan once again delivers and I couldn't be happier. I adored Myra and Edward's relationship in the first book and thought Samreen did a wonderful job continuing their romance by building up even further. I can feel Edward's longing and love for Myra, which is a bonus in my opinion.

The story in Once Upon A [Fallen] Time takes place immediately after the events of the first book, which contained a cliffhanger. Myra and Edward are finally together but there are still obstacles in their path to a happy ending. Edward is still dealing with his "demons" and Myra's personality is still the same as ever. She just wants everything now. Another thing was that I thought Samreen commendably wove both past and present point of views between Myra and Edward together perfectly. Even though their romance is still in the early stage of development, Myra is now in Edward's time! However, as with the last book, there are still so many questions and not enough answers. The book does end with another cliffhanger and it is an emotional one at that.

In the last review, I didn't mention King Steven but he honestly gave me the creeps and I don't trust him at all. Looks like I was right, and so were many others. I can't wait to read the next book to see what will happen next. I really really hope Edward will find out the truth. Overall, I highly recommend this series to those who are looking for a solid romance with elements of time travel and history in it!

* This ARC was generously provided Samreen Ahsan for an honest review. *

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment