Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unraveled by Courtney Milan

Unraveled (Turner, #3) Oh, Smite Turner. Miranda Darling, you are one lucky girl to be able to finally win the love of your life. Unraveled is the love story of Smite Turner and Miranda Darling as well as being the last of the Turner series. It has been such a wonderful ride! I have been a fan of Courtney Milan since her book, Proof of Seduction... but this has to be one of my favorite book yet! I loved everything about. From the fragile and heartbreaking romance between Miranda and Smite to the mystery behind who the Patron was. Now was that an unexpected twist! I would have never known. But obviously my most favorite aspect of this book was definitely the romance. I loved how Miranda gets confused whenever Smite calls her name; whether it's Miranda Darling or Miranda, darling. I think it was absolutely adorable! They're a perfect match.

“I'm not broken,' he repeated. 'Although at the moment...at the moment, I may be coming a bit unraveled.”
Smite Turner is a someone who I think is the most tortured one of all between the brothers. He has a dark past full of pain and sorrow... and to this day, he often at times has nightmares concerning his past. That is, until he meets Miranda. His relationship with Ash has always been strained; I think deep inside, Smite hasn't really forgiven Ash for leaving him and Mark with his mother. Their relationship will of course finally be resolved by the end of this book. From the very beginning, I have always been intrigued with Smite. He was the brother who was always at the back of the room looking after his brothers. In a sense, this fits his character perfectly because what he does as a living is to look out for others by judging those who have committed crimes.

“You anchor me without holding me down. You frighten me without threatening my future. You're unflinchingly devoted. I love you.”
Miranda Darling is the half to Smite Turner. She is essentially the love of his life who heals the part of him that is broken. Even though as a child, Miranda was essentially happy, the life that she has lived up until now was harsh. She works as seamstress and wig-maker as well as a guardian to a twelve-year old boy named Robbie. Her meeting with Smite was actually quite amusing! For protection, Miranda works for the Patron by going to court-hearings and disguising herself in order to deliver false testimony for the convicted. Smite sees through her disguises immediately and that is how our two pair meet! One thing that I loved about Miranda was that even though she knew Smite had the power to destroy her, she never wanted to let him go. She's witty and just so damn beautiful to Smite that that's all that really matters.

Overall, I loved this book to pieces. It's one of my favorites and the love scenes between Miranda and Smite were smoking hot! Just an absolutely wonderful read. I will never regret picking this series up because even though Courtney Milan writes in a genre where things can often seem typical, there's actually something different about her books! Either it's the characters, the romance, or the story, everything is perfection!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment