Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan

The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5) I think I'm honestly in love with Courtney Milan and her writing. To me, every single book that she comes out with is a shining star in which I absolutely can't wait to read later on! The Governess Affair is a novella about the love story between Serena Barton and Hugo Marshall. It's a gorgeous romance that's absolutely fitting to start this off in an entirely new series called Brothers Sinister. I loved it. I just loved the story, the romance, and how strong and wonderful these two people are. They're different but alike in so many ways. It was so short that I just wanted more from the book! *sigh* Oh well, I'll get more in from Robert in the next book, which I think, is another wonderful story in store for us.

The ending was absolutely perfect! Like most of Courtney Milan's story, there has to be some kind of twist near the end. And that is exactly what happened here! I'm really glad that Hugo finally saw the light and went after his most beloved instead of deciding to live a life without her. Beautiful! There was also a short epilogue where we get to meet 11-year old Robert Blaisdell, the son of the Duke of Clermont, and his cousin Sebastian Malheur studying at Eton. From there, they end up meeting Oliver Marshall, Serena and Hugo's son. Oh snap! Things will only get more interesting from there...

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment