Wednesday, May 30, 2012

One Naughty Night by Laurel McKee

One Naughty Night (The Scandalous St. Claires, #1)
“You can tell me to stay away, if that’s what you want. I can’t promise I will do it, but you can tell me to.”

And that was exactly what she should do. But it was not what she wanted to do. Lily was suddenly weary of doing what she should do. She wanted to cease to be cautious for a moment, to be mischievous and seize life as her siblings did. Even as she knew it would not end well.
I absolutely adored the love story of Lily St. Claire and Aidan Huntington. It was sweet, extremely hot, and just heartbreaking at the same time. Their attraction to one another was just irresistible! One Naughty Night is simply a great start to a wonderful series about the St. Claire family. I can't wait to read Two Sinful Secrets, which features Lily's brother, Dominic St. Claire, and Aidan's cousin, Sophia Huntington next! We do get a glimpse of the start of their relationship in this book as well as a possible romance between Aidan's brother (David, the heir to the Dukedom) and Lily's younger sister (Isabel, the shining star of the Majestic theater). I can't wait! This book had romance, suspense, and plenty of hot scenes between Lily and Aidan.
“I… I have to go,” she whispered. He stood up beside her, not trying to touch her again. His blue eyes glowed in the shadows. “Where can I find you?” he said hoarsely.

She shook her head. He was a dream—and she had to wake up now. She whirled around and ran away from him, lifting her skirts to flee once again. “Wait! Please,” he called after her. But she didn’t dare look back.
Lily St. Claire is the first sibling to get her HEA in the series. Unlike her brothers and sister, Lily was actually adopted by the St. Claire's when she was a little girl... after trying to pick pocket Mr. St. Claire. Her past is her own story to tell, but I'll briefly explain it. Lily's childhood before she got adopted was actually really sad. After her mother's death, she ran away and met Tom Beaumont -- he is one sick, cruel, and disgusting man. Well, soon after she was adopted, he was caught and sent away to Australia and believed that Lily was the reason that this had happened. Which is why now he wants to enact revenge on her and her family.
She started to turn away, but he caught her hand and raised it to his lips for a quick kiss, his mouth hot through her glove. “You won’t escape me that easily, Lily,” he whispered.
Lily grows up to be a beautiful woman, even though she doesn't think so, and ends up meeting Aidan after her failing rendition of Juliet in the St. Claire's opening play of Romeo and Juliet in their theater. Lily has never forgotten about Aidan -- even though she ended up marrying Harry Nichols, but he died two years later. Three years have passed since then and their attraction towards one another is hotter than ever.

Overall, I'm really glad that I decided to read this book. I needed my historical romance fix and this certainly did the job!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment