Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Seraphina Seraphina by Rachel Hartman is a story about adventure. It's a story about finding self-worth and an unexpected love in a world where humans and dragons do not get along. Within that world lies our heroine, Seraphina Dombegh, who is both human and dragon. She lives in a world where humans and dragons are at peace with one another... but there is tension in the air when one of the family members of the royal court is found dead. I absolutely love Seraphina and the world that she is bound in! She is fierce, loyal, and extremely intelligent. Rachel Hartman stuns readers with her sightful imagination and world building! If you're familiar with epic fantasy books with dragons in it, you should definitely check this book out. I was fortunate enough to read this book months before it was released. Fans of this genre should not miss out the opportunity to read it once it releases this upcoming July! This is definitely a keeper for me!

One of my favorite aspect about this book was the mystery behind the murder of Prince Rufus and the blossoming romance between Seraphina and Prince Lucian Kiggs. I mean, how adorable can they be? And by that, VERY. Here's a scene that I absolutely found cute between them!
"Have you read Belondweg?"
"I couldn't call myself much of a scholar if I hadn't," he said.
He was so adorable and he made me smiled, but I couldn't let him see.
And can I just say how much I loved it when Kiggs slips and calls her Phina instead of Seraphina? I'm such a sap. Anyway, the mystery beind Prince Rufus' death was the main star of the book. Someone was trying the break the peace treaty between the humans and the dragons by killing the royals! And Seraphina plans to find out who.

In the end, I loved this book and the characters in it. Few of my favorites would be Orma, Seraphina's uncle and music teacher, and Princess Glisselda, Prince Lucian Kigg's fiancee. I know, shocker right? How can Seraphina and Kiggs be together now?! You'll just have to read and find out! The ending was rather bittersweet... but very hopeful at the same time. I guess it will lead us right into the sequel! It can't be the end already, can it? We'll see about that.

Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Children's Books for giving me permission to read this ARC!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment