Friday, January 13, 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor is a book about demons, angels, and magic. It's about finding out your true purpose in life (well, more like Karou’s purpose) is, reincarnation, and finding the love of your life again. This book is the true definition of star-crossed lovers. Karou was a kick-ass heroine from the very beginning, whose side is with the chimaera (demons), versus Akiva whose allegiance belongs with the angels. A war has been going on between these two races for thousands of years and now the angels are back. Karou and Akiva meet under unexpected circumstances where he attacks and injures her on one of her errands. And there, begins the raveling of Karou’s unique relationship with Akiva.

I absolutely loved this book. It was so heartbreaking and beautifully wrapped in one marvelous package. It almost reminded me of The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern because this author's prose was that good! I honestly can't comprehend how gorgeous the writing was. The secret to Karou's past was both mind-blowing and so bittersweet. I can't condemn Akiva for doing what he did... but I also can't forgive him for doing that to Karou. I'm really interested as to where Laini Taylor will lead her story next. The ending will definitely leave you breathless and heartbreak because that's exactly how I felt. I refuse to spoil anything further because you will see the greatness of this book when you read it.

Definitely recommended to all YA readers and fans of paranormal romance. I even recommend it to those who hate reading novels about angels because this book will change your mind. I absolutely guarantee it!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment