Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ready for Love by Marie Force

Ready for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island) It's sad how the further I get into this series, the more irritating the characters become to me. Don't get me wrong, I liked this latest installment of the McCarthys of Gansett Island series... but Luke and Sydney just lacked the special spark to me. Sure, they had plenty of scenes together and if you add in their past relationship that they had, it would seem like a good romance right? Well, I think my problem with Sydney was because of the fact that she left Luke heartbroken all those years ago and married someone else without telling him, WHILE he believed that their relationship was still going on. I mean, what the heck was up with that? And I guess my problem with Luke is that he didn't do anything to stop that. He just... left it hanging, I guess? Pining away for her for years until she came back to the island to "start a new life" after her husband and kids died in a car crash.

I don't think I even truly got to know Luke or Sydney's character throughout the entire book. The minute that she arrived on the island, Luke started "stalking" her for a couple of months until she finally blew his cover. And throughout the entire novel, she was often reluctant to even admit her relationship with Luke. Always stating that she was not ready for a relationship. I mean I get the fact that she felt guilty for having a relationship ever since her family died but... she sort of lead Luke on? Oh well. Overall, I liked this one but it wasn't my favorite. I looked forward to Grant's book in the next installment of this series! His story actually seems very... interesting. 4/5 stars!

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment