Monday, August 8, 2011

Changing the Game by Jaci Burton

Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) If I were to compare The Perfect Play versus Jaci Burton's latest installment, Changing the Game... in my opinion of course, I would say I liked Gavin's story with Liz a lot more than Mick and Tara's. Looking back, I felt as if Mick fell in love with Tara way too fast? So it was kind of unrealistic. While at least Liz and Gavin both went into this "thing" between them knowing that it was just a fling and something fun. Or was it really? I guess I have a thing for unrequited love and Liz's love for Gavin was just so heartbreaking. Gavin himself is pretty dense for not noticing it but it was just so sad to know that Liz didn't want to lose herself to him when she already lost her heart. There was just so much emotion and seriously, the chemistry between these two was off the charts! I was really anticipating as to how their relationship would all work out when the situation seemed hopeless... but thankfully! Everything turned out to be much more than I had hoped for. ;) With all that said, I'm extremely looking forward to Jenna and Ty's book, Taking a Shot. We get a little sneak peek of their chemistry together and heh, it seems like we'll get another gem in store for us next year.

Liz was an interesting character to begin with and I loved seeing the layers of her real personality begin to crumble when she finally enters in a relationship with Gavin. Personally, after what she did to Tara and Nathan in the first book, I thought that I wouldn't come to like her because of her manipulating and cold personality... but of course, that was just a facade. Her childhood was pretty sad to begin with and I can understand why she became the person that she is today. I also came to love how strong and independent she was; it was about time Gavin fell in love with her! I did not have much of an impression of Gavin in the first book because he was often overshadowed by Mick... and it was quite apparent in this book when Mick decided to interfere in Gavin's relationship with Liz. Why are you such an ass, Mick? At least he apologized... but he almost ruined their relationship! Well anyway, Gavin went into this fling with Liz because he thought it was just that. He never intended to fall in love with her, but sometimess, you can't help deny your feelings when it comes suddenly unexpected.

I loved how Liz and Gavin's relationship was just so sweet and cute yet so hot at the same time. They had amazing chemistry together and Gavin can be so tender at times! He often thought about her and kept missing her whenever she had to go away for a business meeting and... *Sigh* That's when you know when you've fallen in love with someone. But sadly, the conflict in this book totally lies on Mick's constant interference and douche baggery personality when he thought he was doing Gavin a favor. I mean really, who asked for your opinion Mick? Did Gavin interfere in your relationship with Tara? I think not! I also didn't like how Gavin handled the part when Liz told him that she loves him. He pretty much questioned her if she said that to all her clients. Gah! Overall, great book and I really had an amazing time reading it! It definitely did not disappoint. 5/5 stars!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment