Monday, August 15, 2011

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) Dear Julie Kagawa, thank you for writing this series and thank you for making it one that will forever be close to my heart. I have and will always support you 100% when it comes to your books and The Iron Knight is definitely no exception! It rocked my world and now that it's over... I'm really sad to see it end. At least in my mind, I'll know that Meghan, Ash, and Puck are out there somewhere living their happy ever after. This book was the perfect conclusion to a 'faery' tale love story and I adore Ash even more after reading it. Truly, I am sincerely thankful to Netgalley for letting me reading this arc! God, I'm feeling sentimental already.

In this latest installment of the Iron Fey series, Ash and his companions: Puck, Grim, someone who I can't tell you because that will be a big spoiler!!!, and the Big Bad Wolf. Remember him from Winter's Passage? It's a crazy adventure to begin with because this book takes us far beyond the world of the NeverNever and into the Deep Wyld and finally, The End of the World in order for him to obtain a soul. It's so heartbreaking to see how even though Ash thoroughly loves Meghan, he is stuck between two choices... and he has to end up with one final sacrifice in the end.

I was extremely fascinated by the town of Phaed in the Deep Wyld, where faeries and creatures who are no longer remembered and are essentially 'Forgotten.' With Puck as the comic relief, it's an understatement to say that this book did not make me laugh. I love Puck... and I really wanted him to obtain his own happy ending. I was kind of confused with the last bit of the epilogue, but after reading it again? I get it and I'm super happy with the ending result!

And even though Meghan didn't exactly appear much in The Iron Knight, her presence is always there. The reason to Ash's entire resolve to gain a soul is ultimately because of Meghan... and I was almost left with no hope for them when Ash took his final test. Living a life as a human and growing old... while Meghan (and their son!!!! I totally died at this point) lives on forever and never age. How tragic is that?! But oh no, this is when Julie Kagawa pulls her last twist in the book and it totally surprised and delighted me. So overall, if you have been with this series all the way from the beginning, you will definitely love this book! Hey, you'll know when a book is that good whenever you think about it and you smile.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment