Friday, December 29, 2023

Own by Sienna Snow

Own (Violent Delights Book 3)Own by Sienna Snow is the conclusion to Sophia Morelli and Damon Pierce's story. Their book is part of a much larger world within the Midnight Dynasty universe and contains characters from different stories. Overall, I'd say that I enjoyed Sophia and Damon's passionate and turbulent relationship even though he had a lot to grovel for after the events in Defy. Not only did he break Sophia's heart but he almost destroyed their relationship because of his own inner demons. I much preferred his mysterious, confidant, and dominant personality in Claim instead of this conflicted man who made a lot of mistakes where Sophia was concerned. But in many ways, he was in love with her and wanted what he thought was best for her. Sophia was a lot more likeable in this book because she learned how to survive without Damon and became more assured of herself. I did think that she forgave Damon way too easily but I understood why because the man was certainly persistent.
"I wanted him, needed him, and he'd broken my heart, shattered it into pieces. I refused to live through it again."
In the end, I enjoyed this book and thought that Sophia and Damon's story was consistent to the stories of past characters from this world. I am interested in Lizzy's book and who she might end up with because we're given a brief glimpse of this supposed "man" during Sophia's fashion show. In many ways, also liked that Sophia and Damon had a chance to mature and learned how to let go of their past. While I admit that I was frustrated with these two in the previous book, Damon and Sophia were able to redeem themselves in this one and I was glad to see that they were able to obtain their own happiness in the end. Fans of the Midnight Dynasty universe and opposites attract romance with BDSM elements will be sure to enjoy this one because it features a dominant and possessive hero who is helplessly in love when it comes to his independent, defiant, and sassy heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment