Saturday, September 11, 2021

White Nights by Anna Zaires and Charmaine Pauls

White Nights (White Nights, #1)Anna Zaires and Charmaine Paul's White Nights encompasses all that I love about these two authors. Want romance that's slightly gray with a side of angst, jealousy, and possessiveness? You're definitely going to get that with this duet. In White Nights, we get to see the developing romantic relationship between Alex Volkov and Kate Morell. There is no denying that these two characters come from entirely different worlds. Alex pursues Kate relentlessly throughout the book and will stop at nothing to protect and possess Kate. At the same time, readers are also aware that he is being targeted by an unknown individual.
"In a way, he is my white nights, my everlasting day, my magic."
While reading White Nights, I couldn't help but notice a couple of things: Alex's character is enshrouded in mystery and much like Kate, we are left wondering who he really is. Not only is he charismatic, possessive, and intense but also dangerous and ruthless as well. I hope that we'll be able to read his perspective because I am dying to know what he truly thinks of Kate and their relationship. Although Kate frustrated me because of her tendency to run away from Alex, I found her character very likeable and relatable. Her doubts were understandable because Alex made some very questionable moves that would cause anyone run the other way. Besides the intense romance between Alex and Kate, their love scenes were extremely hot, sensual, and erotic.
"I would've wanted you all the same. You can be whatever you like, but you'll still be mine."
In the end, there is nothing simple about their love story and I'm excited to see what Anna and Charmaine will have in store for us in Midnight Days. That one scene where Alex explained to Kate what white nights were captured my heart because he wanted to show her what it meant to him and where he came from. White Nights has the poetic prose and vulnerable emotion of Charmaine's heroines but also the dark and mysterious element that many of Anna's heroes possess. I loved every single moment of this book and I was reluctant to finish reading it because of that. Fans of Anna Zaires and Charmaine Pauls as well as those who like edgy romance will absolutely love this book, especially if you like driven heroes who will stop at nothing to possess his heroine and treat her like a queen.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment