Sunday, April 25, 2021

Bitter Truths by Dani René

Bitter Truths: A Twisted Arranged Marriage Romance (Crimson Falls Duet Book 2)Bitter Truths is the second book in the Crimson Falls Duet series by Dani René and it immediately picks up right after the events in Bitter Vows. Lycan is gravely injured and Scarlett is kidnapped by his brother, Darius. A lot of uncomfortable truths are revealed in this book but one thing does stay the same—Lycan and Scarlett's love and desire for each other. I loved how Lycan was willing to do anything for his Scarlett, including giving her the opportunity to explore her sexual desires, even when it caused him jealousy.
"I didn't think she'd come to mean so much to me. I didn't expect my feelings for her to take a front seat to my own life."
Lycan has fallen in love with Scarlett and will stop at nothing to get her back. I have to admit that I did not expect to be reading Darius' POV in the part of the book. I despised him for injuring Lycan and taking Scarlett away. There's also that fact that he had sexual thoughts about his brother's wife. However, my opinion of him has changed by the end of this book and I commend Dani René for being able to do that! Darius is a very complex character and engages in activities that are much darker than Lycan. I look forward to reading his HEA down the road.
"A ring and a vow don't matter when it comes to the bitter truth of knowing that someone doesn't truly love you."
In the end, this was an excellent duet series by Dani René and I am definitely looking forward to more from her in the future! She excels at writing sexy stories with dirty talking heroes and this one is no exception. Besides Darius, I am really intrigued by Kahn, Alex, and Atreo. I hope we will be getting books for them. If you are looking for a dark romance that is action-packed, off-the-charts smoking hot love scenes, and an obsessive love between two characters, then I highly recommend this book!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment