Monday, April 5, 2021

A Lair So Sinful by Zoey Ellis

A Lair So SinfulA Lair So Sinful was my first book by Zoey Ellis and it certainly won't be my last. I enjoyed I'mya and Nyro's story so much. What happens when you combine dark romance with fantasy? You get the omegaverse. If you love stories featuring a possessive and dirty talking hero who is obsessed with his heroine, you'll get that here. Did I mention that he has a dragon? I found the world completely fascinating and I can't wait to read more about it. It has magic, intrigue, betrayal, and sex.

At first, I wasn't sure where the story was going because we are learning and experiencing everything for the first time, just like I'mya. The story starts off with her awakening in a cavern completely naked. She finds out that she is part of a group of women meant to satisfy the needs of the dragonair. I'mya has lost her memories and wants to escape her predicament. What she doesn't realize is that she is exactly where she's supposed to be. Her attempt at escaping leads her to her first encounter with the master of the lair, Nyro, and his dragon.
"Sliding his large hand to the back of her neck, he lowered his head to scent her, running his nose from her collarbone, along her neck, stopping just behind her ear."
I actually adore their relationship. I love how I'mya isn't afraid to talk back to Nyro and even calls him a coward for "torturing" her with magic. I found their courtship to be sexy, funny at times, and swoon-worthy. The nose touch and cuddles! There is a language barrier at first because Nyro considers his own much superior but I'mya is able to understand him whenever he uses magic. At the heart of this book, there is a twist in the plot that I didn't expect and we uncover it as I'mya starts to remember her memories and past life.
"Your scent has been torturing me since the moment I met you, and your beauty is uniquely agonizing."
In the end, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from Zoey Ellis. Nyro is one of five brothers and Tyomar is next. I'm really excited to read Zendyor's book because he is most likely fated to be with Elora, I'mya's friend. She was the woman who accidentally trespassed into his territory before arriving at Nyro's. Anyway, if you love your stories a little bit dark, erotic, romantic, and magical, don't miss out on this book!

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment