Monday, March 29, 2021

Bitter Vows by Dani René

Bitter Vows (Crimson Falls Duet #1)Bitter Vows is Dani René first book in the Crimson Falls Duet and it was absolutely delicious, sexy, and suspenseful. I'm going to pretend the last chapter doesn't exist because I'm still reeling over that cliffhanger. The book is inspired by the Little Red Riding Hood. With the names Scarlett and Lycan, how can you think otherwise? My favorite aspect about this book was the slow burn but incredibly sexy romance between Scarlett and Lycan. Their relationship is a push and pull where Lycan is extremely dominant, possessive, and in lust with Scarlett. Although Scarlett hates her situation, she can't help but be attracted to Lycan's darkness. However, there are many dark secrets and betrayals between their two families. One might even say there is a curse...
"My prince isn't a knight in shining armor but a commanding wolf in an expensive, tailored suit."
The story starts off with Scarlett Bardot meeting a handsome stranger at one of the parties that her family goes to. It turns out that the stranger is none other than Lycan Shaw but she doesn't realize it until much later on when they are finally introduced. However, there is a twist. Scarlett's father has done something terrible and Lycan now has the upper-hand and key to enacting his revenge against the Bardot family. As a result, Scarlett's hand in marriage has been bought by Lycan. What she doesn't know is that Lycan never intended on marrying anyone until her.
"I want you to know who I am. Even though I'm the monster in this story, the wolf seeking out his prey, I wouldn't hurt you. Not unless you want it."
This is not my first rodeo with Dani René. The way she writes her heroes is sinful. Lycan is no exception and I love that for Scarlett. In the beginning, she is frustrated by Lycan's secrets but soon realizes that there is more than meets the eye between their two families. Her grandmother and father are both hiding a terrible secret. I also want to note that the love scenes between Lycan and Scarlett are scorching hot. In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I absolutely can't wait to read Bitter Truths, when it finally releases! If you love your anti-heroes dark, possessive, and sexy, Lycan Shaw will captivate you. Yes, he is dominant and claims that he has no feelings but Scarlett ends up capturing his heart. Overall, I highly recommend this book!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment