Sunday, February 21, 2021

Make It Sweet by Kristen Callihan

Make It SweetMake It Sweet by Kristen Callihan happens to be one of those "feel good" types of romances that will have you giddy with how cute, romantic, and angsty it can be. Although it started off slow, the story soon picks up when Emma and Lucian first meet each other. What happens when you put a retired hockey player who happens to be a secret baker with an adorable and sweet actress? You get a lovely romantic comedy with a lot of sweet and heartbreaking moments.
"I am alive in a way I haven't been before. My world is brighter, more real, when you're in it."
The slow burn romance between Emma and Lucian was my favorite part of the book. They were certainly attracted to each other but both were wary of starting a relationship. Lucian isn't the "alpha" hero you would expect from a romance like this. He's actually really shy, sweet, unsure, and broken. I feel like Emma was the more calm and confident one in this relationship. She is his light at the end of the tunnel. I adored the angsty moments even though I wanted to smack Lucian for being an idiot. Thankfully, it didn't last very long. I loved how both characters were dealing with career setbacks but found comfort in each other.
""I loved you, Em. Almost from the beginning. But I didn't love me."
In the end, this was such a beautiful and romantic story between two people who were struggling to find purpose in life again. Instead, they found purpose, love, and comfort in each other. If you're looking for a story that will have you smiling AND crying, then I highly recommend this book. I'm really looking for future books about Brommy, Anton, Tina, and even Sal. I usually don't gravitate towards sports romance or anything that has to do with Hollywood but this one managed to capture my attention. I've read books by Kristen Callihan before and loved them (VIP series). I'm itching to read her Game On series now, which I have put on the back burner for some time.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment