Friday, June 26, 2020

Diamond in the Rough by Skye Warren

Diamond in the RoughI was so excited for Diamond in the Rough that I read all of it in one sitting. This book completely changes the context of Hidden Gem because not everything is what it appears to be. The story does answer some lingering questions from the prologue but not all. There are even more questions now because of what happens by the end of this book. This book was thrilling, sexy, and full of some revelations but also mysteries as well. I don't know what's going to happen next but I absolutely can't wait to see what Skye Warren has in store for us.
“It feels like I’m losing something precious. Like holding a diamond and watching it dissolve into sand.”

“This is a war that neither of us will win.”
Diamond in the Rough takes place eight years after the events of the prologue. Holly Frank is now 24 years old and has become a best-selling author of children's books. Not that far-fetched considering she told Elijah about mermaids and dragons back then. The story starts off with her traveling to France to find her missing sister, London Frank. As you can tell from the synopsis, nothing goes as planned and she is eventually kidnapped and left in an abandoned church turned prison. There she meets a man from her past and the events that unfold were nothing but captivating. I was enthralled and worried for Holly. I won't divulge anymore details because what happens next will have you wanting more. I also want to note that this book has a direct connection to Overture. Skye Warren fans who have read that series will definitely be pleased by its link to this one.
“That pretty much defines my feelings for her. Being near her is heaven and hell.”

“It’s something deeper than affection. Darker than love. She’s mine.”
As for the romance, Holly and Elijah's relationship is just as haunting, dark, and sexy as it has always been since they first met in Paris all those years ago. Elijah is your tormented hero who is possessive, broody, and dangerous. I loved being able to get inside his head and read about his feelings for Holly. I also liked Holly as well and I don't blame her for what she decided to do by the end of this book. She was constantly kept in the dark and Elijah was being an idiot for making certain decisions on her behalf.
“He’s already hurt me more than I would have thought possible. It seems like my heart would know better than to love a man who’s a thief and a liar.”
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I absolutely can't wait for Gold Mine. This book does indeed have a cliffhanger and I kind of regret starting it because I really want to know what happens next. Diamond in the Rough was incredibly fast-paced and I rushed through it wanting to know if things will be okay. The cliffhanger says it all. Fans of Sky Warren will devour this book. I highly recommend it!

*This ARC was generously provided by Valentine PR & Literary Management and Skye Warren for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment