Saturday, July 21, 2018

Playboy by Katy Evans

Playboy (Manwhore, #5)While it isn't quite necessary to read the previous books in the Manwhore series, I still highly recommend it because Rachel, Gina, and Livvy's books were great. Rachel and Saint's was my favorite! This time, it's Wynn's turn in Playboy. It's been a long time coming but I never thought she would be paired with Callan Carmichael's brother, Cullen. He was barely mentioned in Livvy and Callan's book but what we do know of him was that he liked to compete, gamble, and a mysterious figure. Fast forward a couple of months later, specifically after the events of Womanizer, Wynn meets Cullen at an unexpected place -- not knowing that he had already marked her as his when she was with her ex-boyfriend, Emmett, a long time ago.

It's a very interesting premise and I wish I liked it more but I felt like something was missing. I had hoped for more of Cullen's POV but what we got was Wynn's back and forth between seeing Cullen as "just a friend" and being tempted by him at every turn. He was obviously seducing her from the get-go and I wanted to know why he was doing it. It seemed like he knew more about her than meets the eye. Anyway, I did really love the banter between Cullen and Wynn though. They were constantly daring and betting against each other until it finally culminated into a very hot night between the two. Although they first met in Chicago, much of the book takes place in Las Vegas. I won't go into detail as to why they were there but as we all know from the synopsis, Cullen is a high-stakes gambler and he aims to win the prize, both Wynn and the title of best player in the world.

Ah, the romance. Katy Evans excels in writing sexual tension and chemistry between her main characters; Wynn and Cullen is no exception. The road leading up to their night together was my favorite part of Playboy. Not only is Cullen confident, sexy, and broody but he knows exactly what he wants and it's Wynn. I'm just shocked that she was able to withstand his intensity and want for so long to be honest. They didn't get together until halfway through the book! I do have to point out that I did get a Remy and Brooke vibe from this book. Cullen considers Wynn his "lucky charm" and it reminded me of Brooke being Remy's from Real.

In the end, I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it to fans of Katy Evans and the Manwhore series. It was honestly the perfect ending to it all. We even got to see characters from past books and what they have been up to. I'm not sure who's going to be next but I really am curious about Pepper (Wynn's gallery assistant) and Isaac (a friend of Cullen's and the group).

* This ARC was generously provided Social Butterfly PR and Katy Evans for an honest review. *

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment