Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Spy Games by Cassandra Dee & Katie Ford

Spy Games: A Billionaire Bad Boy Heist RomanceWhile I did enjoy Cassandra Dee and Katie Ford's Spy Games, it was not my favorite work of theirs. Despite having read a majority of their books, this is my first *official* review for them. Dee is known for writing smoking hot sex scenes - if a little dirty - and this certainly has that. Spy Games reminded me of Six Ways To Sin - except that was obviously written as a harem.

Anyway, I sympathized with Holly, our heroine. She's lived a hard life and has to take care of her disabled mother. Like many of Dee's other heroines, Holly is young if a little naive. She luckily finds a job as a flight attendant because of her "looks" - curvy and beautiful, and eventually meets our hero, Thorn Evans. I had my reservations about Thorn. He comes across as this dashing older man with a wicked side but I knew from the prologue that he was a hard man to please - especially if you betray him. Unlike Holly, I'm not sure I could have forgiven him for what he did to her. I wanted more groveling! I wish Dee and Ford had developed him a little more because he just came across as a dominant and somewhat manipulative jerk.

Personal bias aside, I will always compare Dee's heroes and heroine to Mason and Carrie from Hot Sugar. It's my favorite work from her, despite it having a similar premise. If you have never read a Cassandra Dee book, I highly recommend checking that one out. Anyway, while Spy Games was not my favorite, I still liked it for the steamy scenes. I look forward to the next book Katie and Cassandra will write/release!

* This book was provided by Cassandra Dee and Katie Ford for an honest review.

Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment