Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Last Kiss by Laurelin Paige

Last Kiss (First and Last, #2)Satisfying end to an intense, sexy, and thrilling story about two individuals who found love and each other in the most unexpected of places.

Hmm, where to start. I absolutely loved reading First Touch when it came out last year. The characters and story were both interesting and intriguing, the romance sexy and sometimes heartbreaking, and that cliffhanger ending? Just wow. It's been one wild ride and honestly, I felt like it would have made a lot more sense to read First Touch and Last Kiss back to back since the second book immediately takes place immediately after the the first one.

We're introduced to the shocking revelation of Amber and let's just say, I've had my own reservations about this girl from the get-go. From the moment Emily revealed her relationship and connections to Amber in First Touch to readers, I knew something was up. At times, I was personally confused about Emily's own feelings towards this woman. It was love, but at the same time, it was also hate and jealousy. Especially if we add Reeve Sallis into the mix! And oh boy, at times I became so frustrated with Emily's wishy-washy attitude and inability to relinquish Amber's control over her life and relationship with Reeve.

As for Reeve, I actually came to love him a lot in this book. He hasn't done a complete 180 change but he was a lot more... passionate and romantic to Emily this time around. Of course, Reeve still maintained his dark and dangerous persona, especially inside the bedroom with Emily, but he has become a lot more like-able in this book. I think my favorite part was around the 87% mark-- so definitely near the end, when he finally made his intentions clear to her.

In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and its ending even though I would love an epilogue or a novella of some sort by Laurelin Paige (if she ever does decide to write one)! I did feel like the ending was sort of rushed and there were a lot of things that needed to be discussed, it was still satisfying to see Emily and Reeve finally realize what was truly best for one another.

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment