Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Oh my god! And I thought that Jax Cullen from Simply Irresistible was hot. Ford Walker pretty much redefines sexy and sin all wrapped up in one gorgeous package. Whoo, Tara is one lucky woman! *wink* I thought that I loved the first book... but really, I think I loved both of them as a series overall. Tara and Ford's relationship was so deep, heartbreaking, sweet, and very hot. I mean, woah. Ford definitely knows how to stir up a woman, LOL. I can't wait to read Chloe's story with Sawyer later on this year though. I'm pretty sure that Jill Shalvis will hit it out of the ball park as always~ If you're looking for a contemporary with plenty of steam, an awesome story and a cast of amazing characters to boot, you should really check out this wonderful gem. Heck, I did and I haven't regretted it since!

Let's talk about Tara and Ford. Well, let's just say that their relationship had plenty of misunderstandings and cowardice on Tara's part and reluctance on Ford's. She has always blamed Ford for not chasing after her even though Ford's entire reason for not doing so was because he wanted what 'she thought' was best for her. For 17 long years, Tara never went back or even called him. Thankfully! She actually did go bacl to Lucky Harbot and their love begins again. With the help of their daughter--- WHAT DID I SAY? Hah! You're right. That's another of those fun twists in this book. I found it amusing that at first, Tara wanted a relationship without strings. The success factor for that? None. Tara is literally 'weak' when it comes to Ford. Their get together was steam and very hot though! But of course, there has to be conflict in any romace... and this one is no different. Lot's of 'LOL' moments in this book folks! In comes Logan, Tara's ex-husband to stir up the pot of jealousy. Ford gets jealous and these two men pretty much act like little boys fighting for their woman.

Oh! My favorite moment has to be when Tara told Logan and Ford to get her some apples from the apple tree in the front yard... and they end up competing on who will get the most apples! Logan eventually knocks Ford off his branch using an apple and Ford ends up with a broken leg and Logan a bee sting in which he has an allergic reaction to. The town's Facebook status comes up as: "Tara nearly kills both of her men!" Hilarious!

Anyway, to sum up this review, I loved it even though Ford and Tara pretty much went at it like rabits. Haha! I can't wait for the wild Chloe and stern Sawyer's book in November. ;) 5/5 stars.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment