Saturday, February 5, 2011

Timeless by Alexandra Monir

Timeless I can honestly say that this is the best YA book that I've read so far in 2011. I mean wow, it was really good, beautiful and very touching because debut author, Alexandra Monir really knows how to incorporate historical and contemporary together very well. I always knew I had a thing for time traveling! It sort of reminded me of The Time Traveler's Wife, but also very different and original in it's own way. The end was totally a twist and I'm dying to find out what will happen to Michele and Philip in the next installment of Timeless! I absolutely love the relationship between those two because honestly, I have a thing for star-crossed lovers.

When I first read the summary and the back of the book, I knew instantly that this book was going to be good. The beginning of Timeless was rather slow, but it soon picks up right after Michele enters her Clara Windsor's diary; she ends up meeting her, and also Philip (the guy who she's been dreaming about her whole life) at the ball. Their romance together was very bittersweet, and I do believe I shed a couple of tears because they could never be together; the shocker was that she didn't exist in his world. There are many secrets in Timeless and I have to admit that I was confused at times... but it made total sense in the end. You'll have to read it to find out because some of those secrets made me gasp out loud, cry, and even had my eyebrows raised.

To sum it up, I'm pretty sure I will re-read this again because it was that good and I totally recommend it to those who love stories about time-traveling, star-crossed lovers, a shocker ending, and a unique and original story line. I'll definitely be looking out for Alexandra Monir's books in the future so a BIG 5 stars for this wonderful book.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment