Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Royal Flush by Piper Stone

Royal Flush (Royal Players Club #2)Royal Flush is the sequel to Royal Mistake and it features Braxton Royal and Jasmine Sinclair. Piper Stone returns to the Royal Players Club series with the second Royal brother to fall in love and while I was initially excited for his story, it fell flat for me because of the overdramatic kidnappings, mafia murder side plot, and lack of communication between Braxton and Jasmine. I wanted the author to focus more of the romance between these two because they had such strong personalities and both were a force to be reckoned with. The banter and chemistry between these two had so much potential but I quickly got frustrated by their arguments and lack of trust. Neither of them wanted to compromise until it was too late. It made matters worse when Jasmine's life was in danger but she kept running away from the one person who could save her.

“He was my savior. My protector. My lover. And my everything.”

In the end, I enjoyed Braxton and Jasmine's story but it wasn't my favorite. It took me some time to read their book because I was so annoyed by the miscommunication, lack of trust, and arguments between the two. However, there is no denying that Piper Stone excels at writing the steamy scenes. The prologue was able to capture my attention and I wanted to know what happened and how Braxton and Jasmine reached that stage in their relationship. The ending did satisfy my curiosity and I was pleased to see that our main couple was able to solve their issues and be together in the end. Braxton's little nickname for Jasmine was adorable—she was his "little koala." While this book didn't work for me, it might work for other readers who love a sassy heroine who follows her own path and a dominant hero who can't help but want to keep her as his own forever.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment