Sunday, August 11, 2024

My Best Friend's Dad by Sara Fields

My Best Friend's Dad: A Dark Mafia Billionaire RomanceSara Fields returns with an unexpected forbidden romance between a shy and naive young woman with her best friend's dad. While the book initially started off strong for me, I was ultimately frustrated by some of the actions that the characters took in the end. However, the romance and sexual chemistry between Jenna and Vincenzo was certainly a selling point for the book. Fans of the author will know to expect the usual from her—a dominant and possessive hero who becomes infatuated with his sassy and defiant heroine. I didn't care much for the mafia side of the story because Vincenzo's old boss was out to frame him for his own nefarious deeds. It was a bit silly, and the fact that Jenna got kidnapped because of it had me eye rolling near the end. Thankfully, everything was resolved and our main characters got the happy ending they wanted with each other.

“We belonged to each other, and I would burn the world to ash to make sure she was taken care of. She was mine, and I would keep her forever.”

In the end, I enjoyed this book but it wasn't my favorite because I was annoyed with some of Jenna's actions throughout the book. She made some incredibly stupid mistakes and didn't handle being alone well. There was also the fact that Jenna also had body betraying syndrome, so she was no match for Vincenzo. I actually did like Vincenzo and appreciated his patience and sometimes mischievous nature with Jenna. He had been attracted to her but never made a move because of his daughter, Bella. However, things took a turn when Jenna stumbled upon his secret—all bets were off after that. If you are looking for a forbidden and age-gap romance between between a dominant and protective older hero and his innocent and defiant heroine, I recommend this book.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment