Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Tame Me, Daddy by Sara Fields

Tame Me, Daddy: A Dark Russian Mafia Romance (Boston Kings Book 6)Sara Fields returns to her Boston Kings series with Maxim Morozov's story. Those who previously read Watch Me, Daddy will know that he is Irona Morozov's father. I had been anticipating his story for some time now because I initially thought that he was going to end up with Anastasia Kozlov from Share Me, Daddy. However, he has his own heroine to love and obsess over instead. While I did enjoy the explosive sexual chemistry between Maxim and Riley, I had a difficult time believing in their fast romance. It felt more like Maxim wanted someone to protect and come home to instead because he was lonely following the death of his wife and daughter's marriage. I liked that he was a patient and firm protector for Riley because of her defiant and reckless nature. I couldn't help but feel annoyed by some her antics because she defied and lied to Maxim about her identity. The fact that she had multiple chances to tell the truth but didn't made for a somewhat frustrating read.

“I wanted to know what it would be like to be taken by him and have him possess me, heart, body, and soul.”

 

In the end, I enjoyed Maxim and Riley's story even though it wasn't my favorite from the author. I loved the spicy scenes but it felt repetitive at times because Maxim and Riley kept doing the same dance over and over again. Riley would defy Maxim leading him to punish her and them having sex. I didn't mind it, but I would have liked a bit more variety other than Riley making a dumb mistake or talking back to Maxim resulting in a consequence because of her actions. Other than that, I am looking forward to Sara Fields moving on from Boston to New York with a potential new series featuring Maxim's brothers. Fans of Sara Fields and the forced marriage trope will certainly enjoy this age-gap romance between a fiercely protective older hero and his innocent and defiant heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment