Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Fall Into You by J.T. Geissinger

Fall Into You (Morally Gray, #2)While Cole wasn't intense as Callum from Liars Like Us, he was a truly fascinating and unique character to me because he pushes people away even though he loves very deeply and desperately. J.T. Geissinger's latest book, Fall Into You, focuses on Cole—the middle McCord brother who we previously met in Emery and Callum's book. While it isn't necessary to read the first book, I would still highly recommend it because all the characters are interconnected and related to each other. I thought Shay was perfect for Cole because his loneliness, obsession, and darkness complimented her own loneliness, sense of humor, and and sunny personality. This was how they met in the first place and what followed was a night worth remembering for the two of them. I thought it was interesting that Cole was incredibly romantic but also contradicting because he didn't think he deserved Shay. He was the king of mixed signals and I wanted to shake him for putting himself and Shay through the wringer because they deserved to be loved.
"I want to own her, body and soul. Even more than that, I want her to own me."
As for the heat/spice level, Geissinger never disappoints. Cole and Shay had incredible chemistry and their coupling was all-consuming, emotional, angsty, and highly erotic. I could not get enough of these two but they certainly had a lot of roadblocks to their relationship mostly due to Cole's hot and cold personality. I thought Geissinger did a fantastic job paralleling both Cole and Shay's inner thoughts and perspectives when it came to the nature of their relationship. I loved reading Cole's POV and I'm so happy that we were able to read his innermost thoughts and see how in love and obsessed he was with Shay. As much as I loved Cole, I equally loved Shay. She was relatable, witty, independent, stubborn, and knew what and who she wanted. Nothing could stand in her way—including Cole. The romance was well-developed and the secret Cole was keeping shocked me because he gave up so much for it.
"I think you're beautiful. All your parts. All your broken pieces. They're beautiful to me, and so are you."
In the end, Cole and Shay's story was absolutely worth the wait and fans of J.T. Geissinger will not be disappointed by this book. I loved the rollercoaster ride of emotions that the author put me through. It was truly heartbreaking at times because Cole was sabotaging his own love life and future. The last part of the book knocked me sideways because I could not believe what I was reading. If anyone deserved a happy ending, it was Cole. He lost so much and it broke my heart. I am definitely looking forward to the youngest McCord brother's book, Carter, and Cole's best friend, Axel. We're given a sneak peek into their characters and they're both a hoot. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a morally gray and lonely hero who is deeply in love with his sweet and sassy heroine but holds himself back for her. You will be completely enamored by their opposites attract relationship and personalities.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment