Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Lawyer by Marni Mann

The Lawyer (The Dalton Family, #1)I was first introduced to Marni Mann a long time ago when I read Pulled Beneath but didn't realize the connection until now. Her writing has changed considerably since then—much more spicier, but the angst and emotion in her books remains the same. This book features a sexy lawyer who knows what he wants as he falls for a charming and confident young woman whose life changes irrevocably after she meets him. I was pleasantly surprised by the steamy love scenes. Dominick and Kendall's relationship begins with a one night stand that turns into more. What makes it even more complicated is that it becomes a working relationship where Kendall becomes Dominick's client and he her lawyer. In addition to their brewing romance, the story is also set under the backdrop of Hollywood and the reality show life. While I didn't care much for it, it did present an interesting perspective on the consequences of fame and the lack of privacy it entails.
“But one kiss wasn’t enough. It never was. When it came to Kendall, I always wanted more. Needed more. Desired more.”
In the end, I enjoyed Dominick and Kendall's incredibly spicy story and I look forward to reading Jenner and Ford's books later on. While I wish it had a bit more substance to the story because they were constantly having sex for a majority of the book—which I did not mind btw, I wanted to know more about them as individuals. We barely got any insight to Kendall's thought process during her time in the reality show and how it affected her. Nevertheless, I did think this book was incredibly sexy and I was invested in the push and pull of Dominick and Kendall's relationship. Kendall's sister, Daisy, disgusted me and I wished she received a heavier "punishment" because her carelessness and cruelty caused so much pain. If you like billionaire romances, I highly recommend this book because it features a playboy hero who becomes completely enamored and protective of his sweet and kind heroine after he meets her.

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment