Sunday, April 2, 2023

Daisy Unchained by Elena Dawne

Daisy Unchained: Stepbrother's Sweet Milky Princess (Filthy Rich & Kinky Book 1)Daisy Unchained by Elena Dawne was such an unexpected surprise and enjoyable read. I typically don't read step-brother romances but Cyrus and Daisy were not related at all. Her "mother" who married Cyrus father was actually her step-mother. However, the forbidden romance aspect was still there. I was impressed by Elena Dawne's writing and the way she wrote her spicy scenes. The main characters were not one-dimensional at all and had their own struggles and demons to overcome. Daisy and Cyrus were both the nurturing type of individuals but Cyrus did a better job of hiding it behind his cold and asshole exterior. But, it didn't take long for Daisy to walk past his defenses due to her sweet and kind nature. While it was certainly lust at first sight between these two, it didn't take long for them to develop feelings for each other. I also didn't mind the age gap and kinky scenes—but fair warning to those who feel uncomfortable with the lactation scenes and d*ddy trope.
"I've set her free, given her all she could need to run, but she's chosen to stay with me. She loves the way I take care of her, and… I love the way she takes care of me too."
In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this sweet and highly erotic love story between a heroine learning to accept her sexual inhibitions and desires with the man she adores and the hero who similarly comes to terms with his place in her life as a Dom and someone who also needs to care and be cared for. I enjoyed their dual nature—Daisy was submissive but obstinate when it came to giving Cyrus her love while Cyrus was dominant but due to childhood trauma, he had been oppressing his inner self to never want love. There was a very interesting dynamic between these two and the author did an incredible job exploring that through their sexual engagements and developing relationship. This certainly won't be my last book by Elena Dawne and I look forward to whatever she comes up with next.

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment