Tuesday, December 7, 2021

These Thorn Kisses by Saffron A. Kent

These Thorn Kisses (St. Mary's Rebels #3)These Thorn Kisses by Saffron A. Kent was one of my most anticipated reads and it did not disappoint. While this can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading the series in order for a more comprehensive and enjoyable experience. Compared to other installments in the St. Mary's Rebels series, this one was my favorite because Conrad and Bronwyn were both brimming with tension and chemistry. It was surprising how my initial opinion of Conrad has been drastically changed by this book—in a good way. I had no idea he was so broken inside even though he appeared strong on the outside. Not to mention, he was extremely possessive and had such a dirty mouth on him. The things he said and did to Bronwyn were both shocking and erotic. I did not expect him to be like this and I couldn't be more than happy to enjoy this ride.
"I'm the center of her gravity. I'm the blood in her veins and the beats of her heart. I'm the man for her and no one else."
If I were to describe Bronwyn and Conrad in one word, it would be fated because their unexpected meeting and reunion was simply kismet. Bronwyn was a bright spark of sunshine in Conrad's dark and broken world. I loved how their forbidden relationship was so tumultuous but precious and romantic at the same time. They had a lot blocks to overcome including their age gap, student-teacher relationship, Callie who is unaware of her brother and best friend's intimate connection, life style and class differences, and so much more. At times, I couldn't help but think how young and naive Bronwyn was because she lived her life in rose-colored glasses. In comparison, Conrad was more harden and wary because of his broken dreams and past decisions. My heart broke for him and I adored how determined Bronwyn was to make him realize that he could still obtain his dream… even after her.
"I would risk everything for him. Everything. I would choose him every single day and every single time. I would choose him over myself."
In the end, I absolutely devoured this book and I'm so excited to read Poe and Alaric's story next. Conrad and Bronwyn's romance was everything I wanted and more. It certainly lived up to all the hype and exceeded my expectations. Bronwyn may be shy and a good girl but she was willing to do anything for Conrad… emotionally and intimately. While I do admit that there were some similarities to Salem and Arrow's relationship in My Darling Arrow, Bronwyn and Conrad forged their own path and stood out from the rest. In my opinion, this is Saffron Kent's strongest St. Mary's Rebels book to date. The forbidden relationship had aspects from one of my favorite books from this author: Medicine Man. I highly recommend this series and book to those who love the age-gap and forbidden romance trope with a dirty talking hero who is extremely possessive of his shy and sweet heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment