Friday, January 18, 2013

Blood Flows Deep in the Empire by N. Isabelle Blanco

Blood Flows Deep in the Empire (The Szolites, #1)I honestly never expected how erotic this read was because Dyletri was one dirty talking man. I can't explain how dynamic his relationship with Ismini was. I guess you can call it lust at first sight because they were attracted to each other from the beginning and it became love in the end. Blood Flows Deep in the Empire is the first paranormal erotic romance from debut author N. Isabelle Blanco and it was seriously hot, sexy and I just loved Dyletri talking dirty to Ismini. Their sex scenes though—they were incredibly erotic and steamy. It reminded me of Larissa Ione's Demonica series – which was another reason why I liked it. All of the other gods were snarky and very sarcastic towards each other so that was interesting to read.

Ismini was a very likeable heroine and there were moments where I sympathized with her. She was about to be sacrificed by her own mate in order for him to save some other woman. If Ismini is not sacrificed by a certain date, then the Fates would wreak havoc on the universe. Not a pretty scenario at all. Thankfully, she had two very good friends with her: Eve and Soleria. These girls were fiesty and very upfront of what they thought was right and wrong. Ismini, Eve, and Soleria were described as very attractive women and I'm sure that's true because Dyletri, Zeniel, and Ian only have eyes for them.

In the end, Blood Flows Deep in the Empire was a very enjoyable read and I look forward to more from this author! Not to mention, Dyletri and Ismini's mating ritual simply burned up the pages. Anyway, I am excitedly waiting for the following books: Eve and Zeniel/Mavrak (God of Tranquility/Vengeance), Crius (God of the Underworld) and Dimithinia, Nylicia (Watcher of Destinies) and Cy (I'm pretty sure he's a seer or someone who sees the future), and Soleria and Ian (God of the Hunt).

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment