Sunday, October 2, 2011

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent #1)
“I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.”
Divergent by Veronica Roth is a captivating story about a young girl who ultimately has to decide whether she wants to stay with her family or leave them behind forever. Like The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins but entirely different, out heroine Tris Prior, lives in a dystopian world where a faction's society and value determines who you are. Tris ends up leaving her faction of Abengation and enters the world of the Dauntless; where danger, violence, betrayal, and even an unexpected love awaits her.

I absolutely love this book. It took me two days to finish it and I still want to read it again! Although I do admit that the world building was quite confusing at first and might need a bit of more info... for an author's first debut trilogy, this is a great example of what a Dystopian YA novel should be. There was plently of action and if you're a fan of The Hunger Games, you should check this little gem out! One of the things that I loved most about this book was the sweet and fragile romance between Four and Tris. They are perfect for one another in every way because despite what others may think, I believe that Four loves Tris for who she is-- nevermind the fact how swhe downgrades the way she looks and whatnot. Call me a romantic, but that's what I am.

Overall, I'm glad that Veronica Roth did not leave her readers and overbearing cliffhanger. I wouldn't be able to stand that, but still... she did leave us wanting more. And that's why Insurgent shall bring it all back with a bang! Seriously, this was a great book. I don't even know why it took me so long to even read it... but hey. I did in the end and that's all that matter!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment